Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reflection

Just coming off of Easter, Jesus is still fresh in our minds. Our weeks will move on and life will take over, but will you still remember how Jesus suffered for you as well as you do right now? Will you continue to live as if he is returning tomorrow? Sometimes I get so busy with school, work, social life, family and everything in between that I forget to breathe let alone have time to reflect on Jesus. During a Bible study last week, a comment was made about just doing our Bible Study just to check it off the list of To-Do’s. It made me realize I was not spending the quality time I needed to with God.   I was just checking him off the list. If we don’t make time for God, we grow farther apart from him and God longs for a relationship with his children. Upon realizing these things I decided to make time to spend with God, good quality time. I would love to share with you some of my most favorite things to do during this new found time with God. Ways to continue to remember how Jesus suffered for us and without him we are nothing.

This year I started a Christ Book. One of my friends introduced me to this idea and I absolutely loved it. So I went out and bought my self a journal to start this process. My favorite thing about this is that you literally can put anything that inspires you to become closer to Christ in it. I have put song lyrics, take my devotion notes in it. I have brought it to church and take notes over the sermon so I can review them later.  I just love having something I can look back and reflect over. Here are some ideas you can use for your very own Christ book.








This is my most recent journal about Easter and the resurrection.


My other favorite way is my prayer journal.  I received this journal from my parents at my graduation. I have never been consistent with a journal, but I thought to write down my prayers. I love being able to write them down and reflect on what I am talking to God about. It puts things in to prospective for me and I realize the important issues I need to pray about. Another thing that is cool is I can look back at prayers and see or identify what  I was going through when I prayed that prayer. I recently looked back in my prayer journal and noticed a specific prayer that I prayed in December. It was right before I figured out what kindergarten class I would be placed in for January. The children sure gave me a run for my money, but in my prayer I asked God to place me with the children that needed me the most. The definitely was the case and I had forgotten I even asked God to help me in that situation.  You could also incorporate your Christ book and prayer journal as well.


While most of my prayers are personal as well as I mention people
 I am praying for, I tried to find a simple prayer to give you an idea on how I use my journal.



My last favorite way has just become a recent way to praise God. I received this devotion and coloring book for Easter from my mother. I enjoyed my other coloring books, but this one is especially fun because it comes with a soundtrack to play and mediate over while you are coloring. This is a fun way to reflect over what God is doing in your life.





                                               
The backs  of each paper are filled with hymns,
Bible verses, poems or quotes. 

                                 



You can purchase a journal and Whatever is lovely on the right hand side of my blog! Use this referral link to make your purchase! Let me know how you like both products!

While school, work, kids and everything in between take up our time, I believe we still need to find time to reflect with God. He is after all the one who will be with us forever. I have been consumed these past weeks with tasks to complete and homework to finish that even my blogging has gotten forgot about. As you reflect over God this week remember that he wants a relationship with you. Reach out to him and your requests with be answered. What are some of your favorite ways to reflect with Christ?

As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart. -Proverbs 27:19

Lots of Love,

No comments: