Thursday, March 3, 2016

1 in 7 billion

When I sit and analyze my life  I often wonder if I am making an impact or  how insignificant my single life could be. I sit and wonder why do I matter to others or God because there are 7 billion other people in this world doing just as much good.  Then I come to reality and remember that I was placed on this Earth for a purpose. Do you know what is something that you and I both need to remember ? That our lives are truly significant. You can make an impact on this world because you are a son or daughter of the Lord. He cares about you and directs your life in the way he needs to you to serve. This is a feeling that us as sinning human beings can not ignore. Our powerful God loves and cares for us. He knows our name, he knows the hairs on our head and he knows our problems before we even ask for help. God is astounding in this way that even though we are one tiny human being on this planet of 7 billion, he still uses us in his mission. He calls us to serve in ways that we can not even fathom. He may call you to reach out to someone in need or to make an impact on someones day. Even the smallest of actions, God has a purpose for them. I often wonder if I am living out Gods purpose. I know I will never know this till I fully am home with the Lord, but I know this is a worry that most Christians have at some point in their life. I was reading my devotional this week and one particular part stuck out to me. It asked if I knew what my mission in life was. I sat there and wondered how I could even answer this question. My devotion then went on to tell me to ask God to direct my heart towards his desires. God will lead me in mission of service. God knows where he wants me in life even if I do not have all the answers. He guides my heart and actions to better serve him. Even though I am one person, I have committed my life to God and his discipleship.

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. -Hebrews 6:10

Lots of Love,

No comments: