Wednesday, February 10, 2016

You Are Dust

Today marks the beginning of the Lenten season. The next forty days of humbling ourselves and reminding ourselves the love of our Lord. We get marked with ashes to remember that we were created from dust and we will return to dust.  I have always seen this process as such a humbling experience that God gave his life for US. Like for us human beings that sin again and again, but he still forgives us. How awesome is that???? Ash Wednesday is a common tradition that many Christians practice during the Lenten season. Many of us Christians during this time like to “give up” certain habits, but I like to take a different approach. As I have already gotten asked “What are you giving up for lent?” as people look at the cross blatantly marked on my forehead, I like to tell them I am adding something to my life instead. I have decided to only add positive words to my vocabulary and daily thoughts. In a sense I am letting go of negative thoughts and comments, but adding a world of positivity in my life. As you go through this Lenten season, ask yourself how can you show Christ’s love? How can you humble yourself as a Christian? What if you are the only Christian a person has met? How would that affect them? As you continue through lent keep these questions in mind and remember that You are Dust and Dust You Shall Return.



By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust will return. -Genesis 3:19

Lots of Love,

No comments: