Sunday, February 21, 2016

In the moment

In our hustle of a life, I see so many individuals focusing on their phones. Even myself, I have so many commitments that I am constantly checking my email, writing a blog, check social media for pages I run. I am guilty as well of not putting my phone down when I should. Unfortunately when we live like this we are not living our life to the fullest. We are becoming consumed by the media and it is having an affect on our relationships. We are more conscious about checking social media and texting our friends then talking to our family. What if your little sister has something important to tell you about her day, but she does not believe its important because she knows you’re “busy” with your phone? Just thinking that someone does not think what they have to say is important just makes me sad. Why are we allowing ourselves to be caught up in this virtual world? In twenty years no one is going to care how many Instagram likes we have and who posted what on twitter. What is really going to matter is the relationships we have built with other people. I just can not imagine passing on relationships I have made just because I was texting someone else. What if you were on your phone and you current best friend walks by? You did not say hi or how are you because you were consumed in social media. You never know when someones last moment may be so take the time to spend with them.  Take the time to talk to your grandma, ask your sister how her day was and spend time with your friends without your phones. So my advice for my generation and even the younger generation is, get off your device, it will be there when you are done. Live in the moment with your friends and family. When you get this mindset you start to see how long you actually spend on your phone and the moments you are missing.

Sing praise to the Lord, you holy one of his. Give thanks to his holy name. For his anger is but for a moment. His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may stay for the night, but joy comes in the morning. As for me, I said in my prosperity, “I shall never be moved.” -Psalm 30:4-6

Lots of Love,

No comments: