Friday, January 1, 2016

Reflection on 2015*

Another year has flown by... 2015 was good to me and offered multiple last, but an equal number of firsts. This time last year I was entering my last semester of high school, going to prom, planning graduation and deciding were I wanted to attend college. Now fast forward and I have completed my first semester of college with flying colors and I am confident in my major. I successfully managed to keep 4 of my 5 new years resolutions.

I wanted to dedicate my first post of 2016 to reflect on what all God has blessed me with this past year.


  • Made a new best friend

       
  • Attended Prom


  • Decided on a college


  •  Graduated High School
  • Attended HOBY as a junior facilitator

  • Road tripped to Alaska

  • Zip lined

  • Road tripped to Texas
  • My boy graduated from BMT and Tech School
  • Moved into college



  • Lost my two beloved Great Danes

  • God needed my Papa as his farmer and angel


  •  Received my 3rd beautiful niece


  • Met many wonderful friends in college

And many many many more wonderful experiences and learning opportunities. These experiences all proved to have their hardships, but more importantly brought me closer to God. All of my successes are because of him and his almighty power, for this I could not be more grateful.

I also want to thank my three wonderful parents for the constant support and love they have offered me through this period of transition and new life. They are the people who keep me grounded. They truly have been my biggest support system since the day I entered this world. Even when we don't always agree they support me in every life decision and I know will continue to support me in 2016.



I want to thank my high school teachers for preparing me for the school work in college and for keeping in touch with me. I also want to thank my many best friends who keep my head leveled and support me no matter what I do, they help me every step of the way. Thank you for also providing comical relief in my stressful situations. Last, but not least thank you to my boyfriend for putting up with me for another year. I am truly blessed and thankful to have all of these wonderful people in my life. So thankful to be surrounded by my family and friends, new and old. Thankful to God for waking me up to a new day of life and  I am blessed to be living a life devoted to him. I am excited for the new encounters with God I will be having in this year to come including a mission trip, new resolutions and more accomplishments off my bucket list. Thank you God for another wonderful year.


I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. -Psalm 32:8

Lots of Love,

No comments: