Monday, July 20, 2015

4 years

Four years ago I never knew what my life would amount to. You go through each day and feel as if they are so long, but in reality time passes so quick. When you look and analyze what has happened in the last couple years you begin to realize all of your accomplishments and failures. I didn't know that I would go to Puerto Rico spreading God's word or have a family member tragically ripped away from me. I never could have predicted that volunteering would become a passion or my heart would be shattered into a million pieces. You can never predict what happens day to day. I've learned many lessons in just my short 18 years.Always be slow to speak and quick to listen. Never go to bed angry and always tell your parents you love them. Trust your gut because it's usually right.... I also never knew people could mean so much to me. I've loved unconditionally and I've hurt uncontrollably, but it's all built me as a person. It felt like just yesterday I was a freshman walking through the halls and couldn't wait to be a senior. Now looking back, I wonder why I wanted to grow up so fast. Knowing that a year from today things will be so different. My home will be different and the people you thought you'd never lose touch with will fade away. I just have learned that we should pray  to God daily and thank him for the people he has placed in our lives and the people he has taken away. Each was brought into our life for a reason, to teach us something. Protect your heart and keep your head up. The storms pass and the light will shine through. Thank you to everyone who has made me into the person I am today. Never take a day of high school for granted because it goes by quicker than you think.

Be wise in the way you act; make the most of every opportunity. -Colossians 4:5

Lots of Love,

No comments: