Thursday, November 5, 2015

To God Goes the Glory

Are we giving credit where credit is due? Are you celebrating your success's with God? Are we sharing our failures as well? Growing up my mom always use to tell me to use the phrase "To God goes the glory." This phrase has really stuck with me throughout my years. This is something I use when I pass a test or I hear bad news during the day. I know God will take care of it and he will provide. We need to give credit to God for all the beautiful things he provides to us during our daily life. God gets the glory when we thank him for waking us for another day of life. Every good and bad experience that happens in our life is because of God's plan. He is orchestrating everything we need to do to honor him. Praise God for the A on your test, Praise God for the crappy cafe food, Praise God for the little kids who make your day, Praise God for blessing you with  a job and a house to sleep in. These simple objects we take for granted everyday are brought to us by God. As Christians we need to give credit where credit is due.

Dear God,
I thank you for waking me up to another day of life. I ask that you bless me with motivation and strength. Please clear my head of any distractions that prevent me from serving you. I thank you for loving me and never giving up. Thank you for directing me towards a school that honors you. I want to walk beside you all the days of my life. Thank you for blessing me with my job, my home, my food, another day of life, my relationships and thank you for blessing me with the ability to express my faith. I thank you for this beautiful creation we live on and I thank you for creating me. Please direct my heart to glorify you. Amen.

Thanking God is a prayer you can pray everyday. It never gets old to thank him for your life here on earth. I encourage you to thank God tonight for your life, as you never know what tomorrow will bring.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
-1 Corinthians 10:31

Lots of Love,

No comments: