Monday, November 9, 2015

Ex Best Friend

An open letter to my ex best friend.

Dear ex best friend,
How is your life going? I haven't talked to you in a few years, but I would like you to know that I am still here for you.  I pray for you every night and hope college is blessing you. I know there are things I would like to share with you, but we have since parted ways.  I miss you, but I know its to late to mend our relationship. I miss the stupid things we did together and the inside jokes we had. I miss taking trips with you. I am thankful for your relationship with me and the lessons it taught. Through the years there are a few things I would like to thank you for. Thank you for allowing me to express myself. Thank you for showing me what it means to have a best friend. Thank you for letting me get to know your family. Thank you for showing me what it means to not be able trust someone. Thank you for showing me that it is okay to be alone. I appreciate everything we went through as it made me into a better person. I hope you have found a new best friend in college and that you two will be life long friends. I just know we weren't mature enough then to handle each others differences. By now we have both grown into better people and I believe our future realtionships will flourish from here. I was both blessed and cursed to know you as we experienced real laughs and real pain together. I ask God to guide you on a successful path for the future and that he will bless you abundantly. In college I hope you are creating the life you always wanted. Enjoy the coming years and thanks for being my once best friend.

He who walks with the wise becomes wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. -Proverbs 13:20

Lots of Love,

No comments: