Sunday, February 11, 2018

Deliverance

Soooo here I am.. I have not blogged in over a year. In 2017 I was looking forward to writing all of these wonderful blog posts and continuing to be successful in the blog world, but God had different ideas. Spiritual growth has been a large reality this past year. I did not know where my relationship with God was, so it was hard for me to share with you my own advice, when I couldn't even follow it. So God and I have been working together to develop a stronger relationship. I often felt as God was silent and not answering my prayers, but I have come to realize I wasn't praying for the right things. When sorrow and hurt struck my family, I once again found myself blaming God instead of seeking him. I have seen the power of prayer work mighty wonders, but yet I doubted. As this new year began God gave me the word "Deliverance" as my word for the year. I did not know what this meant and was slightly confused because I did not ask for "a word," but yet he provided. When I received this word from the Lord, I asked him what this meant and how I was to go about living out this word, but yet still no answer. I have continued to try to live my life each day to glorify him and be a light to the children I work with, but pushed deliverance to the side. So here we are at today.. I was supposed to attended a church service with my roommate, but ended up falling back to sleep. I woke up feeling terrible that I skipped out, but I realized I still could make it to my church service in time. On the way to church this morning I was praying to God to open my heart and let me hear his voice. As I stood in church I could feel the Holy Spirit present and filling the atmosphere. The pastor preached on Luke chapter 5. He discuss how Levi (also known as Matthew) was a tax collector, but when Jesus approached him and said "Follow Me" Levi dropped everything and followed the Lord. We often talk about following the Lord, but when we are in the season of waiting we say "I'll just pray about it for awhile" in order to avoid what we don't want to do. As the service was ending, the pastor began to speak about individuals who are seeking to be baptized or reborn in the word could come to the front. I am standing in my spot, trying to hide from God, but he calls me out. The conversation proceeded as followed:
 God: "Go!"
 Me: " What? ME? No."
 God: "I said go."
 Me: "No... I am not going. OKAY FINE! I'LL GO."

So I approached the alter and individuals began to pray with me. In no way was I prepared for what was about to occur. I had worn jeans and a blouse to church?!? But I was trusting in the Lord and being obedient to his call to follow him. He told me to go, so I went. I was baptized today in the name of the Lord. As I came above the water, I could here God's voice rejoicing and praising all of those who were committing or recommitting their life to the Lord. So today, God brought deliverance to my life. I have always been a Christian and today I renewed my promise to God to glorify him in all that I do.

Deliverance at Ransom Church

    I thank you all who have been praying for me and pouring their love into me. I am looking forward to this new season with the Lord. If the Lord calls, go and serve freely of self.

After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, and Levi got up, left everything and followed him. -Luke 5:27-28

Lots of Love,

No comments: