Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It's okay

I haven't posted a blog in awhile due to my life starting in a whirlwind. On Saturday I got packed up and moved to college. This huge step in my life has not quite set in yet. I am going to be straightforward and say that these first few days have been difficult.  There have been times in these last three days where I have felt an abundance of emotions. Whether it was happiness, sadness, anxious, bewildered, or just no emotion at all. I just want the incoming college freshman to know that it is okay to feel all these sort of things. It is okay to also not know what you are feeling. I am a very solitary person and like to be alone at points. This is all okay, but also branch out and meet these lifelong friends. Also know that it is okay to not meet your very best friend on the first day or even week. This comes with time as you build relationships and trust with each other. Know that it is okay to request a new roommate if you are uncomfortable with the situation. Roommates make everyone nervous, especially for me. In the end it all works out and we are coming even better friends as the days have gone on.  College also give you so many resources to help you with any emotions you feel. Take advantage of these free services and do not be afraid to ask for help. It's okay not to feel okay. This is a huge change not only for you, but for your family. You are not the only one who is feeling this way. I guarantee that most college freshman are feeling the same way you are. Give it time and enjoy this time of your life. I am so excited for this new journey and all the options I have to recreate my life. Thank you to everyone who has gotten me to this point in life and continues to support me in everything I do. I can not wait to keep everyone updated about this new life I am jumping into.

My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and portion forever.
-Psalm 73:26

Lots of Love,

No comments: